Urgent: landscape fabric under decking problem!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all.

having read some great tips and advice on this site i have set about my decking project. i am decking over the old patio and also over some new unconcreted area. I have followed all advice and now have a great deck base, levelled, raised slightly off the ground and sat upon landscaping fabric.

Before i put on the deck boards, i wanted to check the landscape fabric worked so i gave it a watering. there are now pools of water that are not seeping thru the fabric.

have i done something wrong? thelast thing i want is to store water under my decking!
Please help. I was hoping to complete this by tomorrow

Sponsored Links
most fabric will hold the water for a while but will allow it to soak through, providing its a decent fabric. we always put the fabric over the frame, rather than under it, stops weeds such as bind weed and brambles etc coming through and anything dropping through as well.

Thanks Thermo. Since writing the email, it does appear to have started seeping through so thats good to know.
Will carry on with the boards tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back