***URGENT***

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem I have no cold water coming from the taps in the bathroom sink and bath. Everything else is perfect.

The cold water tank in the loft is working fine and is full. Just noticed that the toilet cistern takes longer to fill.

Any suggestions and fixs you can think of?

Thanks
Sunil

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have a blocked pipe.

trace the pipes back from the taps that aren't working and see where they go. then report back.

Has someone turned off the gate valve in the pipe from the water storage cistern?

HOW DO I DO THIS?

THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE LOFT TANK AND THE TAPS IS QUITE SHORT.

WHEN I NOW TURN ON THE COLD WATER A BIT OF HOT WATER COMES OUT FIRST?

NO ONE HAS TOUCHED ANY VALVE BUT WHER IS IT AND WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE SO I CAN DOUBLE CHECK

Sponsored Links
Calm down m8, caps is considered shouting.

If the problem is as urgent as your post makes it seem then call a plumber!!

If not, doing this yourself is gonna take time.

A gate valve is a isolating fitting, identifiable by a red round handle, obviously if this is off then youll have no water. Find it and check it.

You have a cold water tank in the loft that supplys your bathroom with cold water?? Are you sure of this??

Is your cold supply not all on one incoming main??

We need more info to help you out!!

sorry for not helping out on this one, but made me laugh, remember going to a job, no cold supply on the bath, thought the worm had run right down on the tap, took the guts out, turned the cold supply back on, and still no water. Transpired that they just had a combination boiler fitted, and that the feed to the cold on the bath was tank fed. Obviously now redundant, had to laugh at myself for being a little bit slow !!.

Hi,

I did have caps lock on but didn't mean to offend.

I didn't realise I was shouting. I'm getting use to the protocols.

Anyone know of cheap central heating cover?

sorry again

sunil said:
Hi,

I did have caps lock on but didn't mean to offend.

I didn't realise I was shouting. I'm getting use to the protocols.

you may like to see this and this

as for your question
sunil said:
Anyone know of cheap central heating cover?
may i remind you of "4 and 9" in the first link.

you get what you pay for, i have bg 3star service and have no probs, try asking xyz heating engineers to do what bg do (heating cover) and see if bg are not reasonable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back