Water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The water to my Bathroom cold taps (bath & sink) and my toilet cistern has stopped after a few weeks of becoming increasingly weak. The hot taps work okay and checking water tanks they are full and ballvalves working fine. Is this an airlock problem? Will draining tanks and clearing pipes get rid?

Sponsored Links
Unlikely to be an airlock as there's no way air would get in there if your tanks are filling properly, and if they aren't then your hot would probably have airlocked too. I'd say probably a blockage, maybe a mouse or a bird has fallen into the tank and got sucked into the pipe... Can you get the mains connected to one of the cold outlets somehow and force water back up into the tank, see if that clears it?

Unlikely to be an airlock as there's no way air would get in there if your tanks are filling properly, and if they aren't then your hot would probably have airlocked too. I'd say probably a blockage, maybe a mouse or a bird has fallen into the tank and got sucked into the pipe... Can you get the mains connected to one of the cold outlets somehow and force water back up into the tank, see if that clears it?

Sorry Muggles have to disagree, I went to an airlock last week, old system no work been carried out recently etc. Bday let a little water through then stopped after 3 secs, basin was low flow, toilet was also slow, as was bath and shower, I stuck my aquaVac on Bday for a couple of secs and that sorted the problem, no more air lock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back