Water Supply to Toilet Cistern

I actually tried to turn mine off the other week, because I need to service the shower valve, in others it's leaking :oops:

1st time in 10 years, no problem, it wouldn't move, so gave up after 5mins and went out. :rolleyes:
Busman's holiday ;)

Sponsored Links
Just another job indoors thats been put off for God knows how long :oops:

Yes it could go with my how to solder video.

How to loose your rag with a gate valve :LOL: No that can't be right, How to service a Mira 722 shower valve. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You should look at the links on the "learn to plaster?????" post in the plastering forum. There are some enlightening plastering and plumbing skills demonstrated which will cheer you up

Thanks for all the replies so far. Your comments are much appreciated!

The collective opinion seems to be that the gate valve is, as kev put it in his first post, 'kerry packered'!

I will change it over the weekend and report back on my findings.

I was thinking of doing a you tube video of me installing my shower enclosure but I would have got all stressed out with silicone everywhere and ended up shouting TURN THAT ******* CAMERA OFF !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:LOL: :LOL:

Right Guys, reporting back as promised!

I removed the gate valve, and it looked fine with no scaling, but then . . . :eek:

The winner is Kev, with his second comment that the valve never worked properly when installed.

I had removed the valve in the open position, and it wound home nicely until about 5mm from the bottom, and then it would move no further. Stripping the valve down revealed that there was no way it could be made to close off completely. It was a manufacturing fault! To say that I'm gob-smacked is an understatement, but seeing is believing.

Gate valve replaced, toilet cistern valve renewed, CWS tank cleaned, and everything is AOK.

Thanks for all the help. :)

thanks for getting back fella ;)

and the rest of you get your wallets out

feiertag-smiley-013.gif

Go on then give Kev a thank you and get him up to 70, he'll be ahead of doitall then. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back