US Light switch, please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all......First time poster, long time viewer :)

I have a problem with a light switch......It doesn't work!!!! :eek: :LOL:

I have changed it, still nothing...Have checked connections.....Still nothing, have checked power to all.....Still nothing!

Older type wiring with no ground that I can see but have found when I touch the hot (live) wire with a electrical screwdriver and the box the light goes on.....What am I missing???

Please help as it's driving me mad!!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
sounds like broken wire, but as your lights have no earth i suggest you get an electrican in to have a look.

here in the uk, you would need to have a rewire (no earth on lights means old installation, which means non complaince, and how many other things have no earth)

Thank you breezer

I am from the UK, now living over here and believe me when I look at things I think....Oh my god, but that's the way it works here.....I just cannot seem to fathom it.........I have wired houses in the uk...But this one's got me.....I just cannot understand the way they do things as everything seems, can I say, abnormal????!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Albagubrath said:
Thank you breezer

I have wired houses in the uk...But this one's got me.....I just cannot understand the way they do things as everything seems, can I say, abnormal????!!!!!

I agree

Back