Use for flex

If it is 4mm², you could use it as SELV cable for downlighters. That'll please Ban...

Sponsored Links
Would be Ideal for use with multiload's voltmaster range of SELV lighting kit.... they use a separate voltage sense cable to the lamp holder in order to adjust volatage to compensate for VD over long runs.

Or if you wanted to animate some SELV lights, have colour change LEDs etc all controlled from a central control box, use the brown and blue for Dc power and the inner twisted pair for a serial data link to slave controller boards.... if you're a bit of an electronics nerd :LOL:

It looks like PTZ control cable, and if so, the power conductors will be about 1.5mm², but it will NOT be mains rated.

Sponsored Links
I dunno what the pros do but I'd probablly remove the shuttering mech and drill through behind the earth socket. Then remove the earth pin from the plug and pass the data cores through into the backbox via the holes it left.
And what do you do with them after that?

In answering bear in mind that you've gained covert entry to the premises, you have to work quietly and quickly, and not leave any trace behind.

BAS
In answering bear in mind that you've gained covert entry to the premises, you have to work quietly and quickly, and not leave any trace behind

For that sort of rapid equipment install wireless, mains borne carrier or telephone overlay would be the prefered option even though there is a higher risk of the install being detected.

If he tells you, he'll have to kill you.

Oh dear..... I forgot about that bit.....

For that sort of rapid equipment install wireless, mains borne carrier or telephone overlay would be the prefered option even though there is a higher risk of the install being detected.
Exactly.

And with no need for such covert work during installation, and no need for such rapidity surely there are better solutions than a device installed in a table lamp with signal cabling concealed in the power cord?

One that I can mention without having to then shoot you.

Set up for a candid camera stunt in a rented office where a camera was in the angle poise type lamp fixed on an otherwise empty "interrogation" table. This for close up of the targets face. Target of the program was the interrogator whose task was to get information from an actor. Visible cameras were trained on the actor.

Flex from lamp went off the table and out of sight behind some furniture from where I assume there was a split to a cable to the recording room elsewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back