People using the Yellow/Green core in flex as a live conducter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What they said.
I've also done the bus lane thing, and have been known to accelerate to over the speed limit if I can see a place to pull over up ahead, in order to get there sooner.
Indeed, I agree that all those are reasonable things to do if the circumstances suggest it. But it doesn't change the fact that they are all things for which there is no defence allowed in UK law. You would be reliant on individuals using their discretion to not prosecute rather than actually having any defence if it did happen - there's a difference there.
Bear in mind that there was once a Chief Constable who applied a "zero tolerance" approach in his area and would prosecute for doing the slightest over the speed limit. It was rather poetic justice when he had to resign when caught speeding - though actually it was his driver that was speeding with him in the car. So had you "gone over the speed limit" a little to get to a pulling in place a little sooner, in that area you could well have got yourself 3 points because his policy did not allow any tolerance at all.

But this is off topic for this thread.

Sponsored Links
Indeed, I agree that all those are reasonable things to do if the circumstances suggest it. But it doesn't change the fact that they are all things for which there is no defence allowed in UK law. You would be reliant on individuals using their discretion to not prosecute rather than actually having any defence if it did happen - there's a difference there.
Simon, please stop saying that, and instead use the time saved to read what "exonerate" means.

I have, and clearly you haven't or you wouldn't have written that.
There is NO MECHANISM in UK law for anyone to "exonerate" a driver for such contraventions of the law. NO MECHANISM AT ALL. If they contravene the law in that way then they HAVE committed an offence.
What there is, which is NOT the same thing, is a mechanism where an official can decide that it would (for example) not be in the public interest to prosecute. And I have been on the receiving end of such discretion in the past.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back