Use masonry paint to hide imperfections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As some of you are aware whilst removing wallpaper, the layer of liner underneath came away with way too much ease in my opinion.

So i now have bilters from re-plastering using Gybroc Easi-Fill, did quite a good job i think..... Just needs a light sanding now.

However here is my Dilema...... Most of the wall is covered with Gybroc but there are some areas that are still good bonded lining paper, i am worried than once i have finished sanding to a nice smooth finish i am going to have a texture difference between the two materials when i come to paint.

My inlaw said that he has used masonry paint to cover some imperfections on walls before.

Bear in mind that i definitely dont want to have to completely re-line the walls.

Looking forward to some replies ;)

Sponsored Links
Complicated one this one. This is due to anything can blister due to surface damage of gyproc. Some blisters may only appear once being emulsioned etc. However assuming there is no blister problems then what to do is coat your walls with Two coats of Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt thinned down by 25% with water. Then apply a coat of Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt thinned down by 10%. This should keep your surface seem uniformed as using a Matt finish. Then at a later date coat your walls with Vinyl Soft Sheen as the previous Matt finish will work as an sort of surface nutralizer as it will have same suction as all Matt, if u know what i mean.

Agree with captain thirdseye..the paint should be able to provide a bit of build up..

Stay away from masonry paint...your walls will be rough for evermore.

Its difficult to make a judge without seeing the extent of the uneven surface...if he painting doent do the trick then you may need to think about lining the walls to give you a uniform finish as a base.

Sponsored Links
Problem is i have already bought the paint i was going to use for topcoat. It is a matt paint from Wickes Prof range, do i need to use the trade vynil as a primer/base coat 1st?

adrian_uk17 said:
Vynil Matt, what does the vynil paint do? Covers better than standard emulsion?

No buts its smoother to the touch than using textured amsonry paint on the walls

Haven't you finished that room yet Adrian...... :LOL:

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back