used SBR neat by mistake, is it ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
dropped a bit of a clanger as was doing an upstand on a bath using no more plywood and bought their SBR primer. Having left my glasses in the car 1/2 mile away I brushed it on without being able to read the instructions:unsure: then found out later it should be diluted 3 to 1, bugger.

I didnt think it went on very nice ie a bit rubbery. Am I ok to leave it on and tile directly on top tomorrow or should I do what I was going to which is put a couple of coats of Aquaseal on top then tile?

thanks in advance:)

Sponsored Links
Give the manufacturer a ring and get them to either okay it or tell you to get the scrubbing pads out. I don't think it would be a problem but the more you know! :)

tried that, I think their on hols till next week! It does seem to be stuck fast ie cant peel it off....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back