Using a door trimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am doing some decorating and recently had my floors professionally sanded and refinished. The doorways have threshold strips - living room has double doors as a through lounge - due to house movement over the years the double doors in particular have a small amount of contact with the threshold and will rub or score it if not attended to.

I would rather not remove and rehang the doors, but would rather hire a door trimmer that slices the bottom off. I have seen one used a while ago.
When the door is open I have a clear 1-1/2" between the floor and door bottom.

It will cost £50 to hire the trimmer and I can do 5 doors easily in a day?

When the guy used a trimmer at work, it sat on the floor, using the floor as a track. Then the saw sliced off the door bottom (in their case because of carpet)

Just checking that my plan is ok?
Probably will lay down a sheet of mdf on the floor to protect it and allow the saw to slide along, taking maybe 1/4" off the doors.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back