Using driveway paving blocks for a path

r_c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking at using Marshalls Drivesett Tegula blocks for a path and paving a courtyard.

The courtyard (2.5m x 3.3m) is at the side of our house (and back of our garage). It can be accessed via a door at the back of the garage and walking down side of the house. It will not be walked through very much, but is very visible from the house as we have multiple windows that look out to it.

We do not want to use natural stone in the courtyard as it does not get much sun, and I worry that algae will be a persistent problem.

Is there any reason why this block should not be used for a path and courtyard? Do they look okay in pedestrian areas?

Sponsored Links
We do not want to use natural stone in the courtyard as it does not get much sun, and I worry that algae will be a persistent problem.
Surely anything you put down will get covered in algae?

Yes fair point. My understanding is that limestone and sandstone are considered to be porous and so liable to algae when used in an enclosed are with little/no sun (although I must admit I do not know how their porosity compares to concrete paving blocks). But I am hoping that I will have more grip with block paving, and less liable to slip over if there is algae.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back