using Gyplyner Universal, where do I place frame?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have two sections of party wall which I am going to use Gyplyner universal to acoustically insulate. The two sections of wall are seperated by a chimney breast leaving 145cm width wall either side.

With this in mind, I'm struggling to work out where I place the GL8 track and the GL1 frame. I've seen conflicting information...

From the info I've seen, I screw the GL8 along the floor, ceiling and sides. However, the GL1 frames need to be placed at 600mm centres. Which would mean I can only fit two into the space. the 1200mm board would leave me needing to have a width of 300mm cut to fit the width. I'm not sure how I would fix the cut piece, as there would only be one section of GL1 frame. Do I screw it to the GL8 track or add another GL1, at less than 600mm centre?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back