using plastic push fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have always been a fan of copper and soldered joints but I need to move a couple of radiators and have seen that plastic speed fit flexible pipe is now more common.
Is this really any good to install central heating?
And what is the difference in the types available? what’s the best to use fittings etc ?
Any info would be helpful, as I have never used this before.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
stick to your copper and solder if the rest of the house is that way, i just never trust those O rings not to fail one day, if you do use it make sure the copper pipe is clean that you connect to and make sure you put inserts in the plastic pipe, you would be amazed how many times I find plastic pipe without inserts in

Thanks for your reply I will use copper for the job in question but now im interested about the all plastic systems I have seen loads of new systems plumbed this way it surely must be much easier than copper to install but is it really a no no given the choice ?
And is there a big difference in the make (what’s the best) surely none would be using it if it was that unreliable ? and it must be more cost effective
Is anyone a fan of push fit?

Sponsored Links
Pushfit connections done properley will last several yrs, but if not done properley ie stress on joints etc. and you may get problems.

I used to hate them,,But I see them nearly everywhere now and the customers have had no complaints.

They are typically a cowboys favourite, and they don't get too many probs. so I hear. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back