Using second hand wood laminates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought some second hand 3 year old wood laminates which were apparently previously used in an office block.

I noticed a smell coming form them when I left them standing, perhaps the back side of the boards which were causing me and my friends diziness. I clicked a few together on the floor and some clicked really tight while others you could see the line inbetween the wood was noticeable and not unnoticable like they should be. I put my hand over these and it feels as though air is emitting.

1. I am concerned that once I lay it all down whatever fume caused diziness will it come up through the gaps? Is this likely to be the case or do you think nothing is even emitting in the first place?

2. The click componenst of the laminates look like cardboard. Might these be giving of fumes?

3. I notice that some of these bits had parts ripped, although not the entire plank i.e. they still click but not neccessarily very tight. Is it safe to use them still?

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/your-projects/using-second-hand-wood-laminates.319775/#ixzz1rf5WdvOR

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back