Just bought Real-Wood flooring and instructions says ..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Just bought 12 mm Real-Wood flooring to lay in the shower room, annoyingly at the store it did not state that this was NOT RECOMMENDED for bathroom use

I only noticed when I opened the packs to acclimatise to room the pack instructions stated ..

Quote “SUITABLE FOR ANY ROOM IN THE HOUSE EXCEPT THE BATHROOM”

This is 12 mm GLUED PARAWOOD real wood floor planking

I have been back to shop and they have a 12 mm 'click lock' special Laminate for bathrooms but I do like the real-wood Parawood one I already have

So it’s down to the definition of “SUITABLE”

Risk fixing or ship back and get the Laminate bathroom specific one

Cheers chaps

Sponsored Links
Is it solid timber or just 1mm veneer wood on top ? If so maybe the reason is the water could lift the edge of the veneer if not treated probably, is there a helpline number on the instruction?, they should be able to tell you why then decide for yourself what to do. They are laminated flooring suitable for kitchen & bathroom so I can't see what the difference is, best to ring them though.

Your a diamond masona

I just called the company's customer services and they said that they can't recommend installing in a bathroom but they know of people that have and got away with it.

They stated that after installation to coat the planks with a couple of coats of SEAL and to be carefull of excessive water on the floor

I'm going for it, thanks mate

You're welcome,

I thought I mention this, more & more people now are treating wooden flooring with oil or wax instead of painting. If you do a search here, it has been mention a few time.......

Sponsored Links
Dear Lordlucan

Wood likes water as long it's a tree ;)) If you install solid wood in the bathroom/shower room there are a few things to be aware of, if you really want to go for it (and customer is always right).
Leave extra mm's for expansion gaps. (re)Install skirtingboards and put transparent silicon on top and botom of skirting to avoid extra water getting underneath the floor.

If any of our customers request flooring for wetter areas we always recomment Wood-Engineered flooring (4 - 6 mm solid toplayer) which is much more stabler then solid.

Regards

Email address removed, these can be shown in your profile

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back