Using Sentinel X400 with heating mostly off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had X400 in for 2 weeks now. It seems to be working, and I've run the heating hot at times during cold snaps, including with one radiator at a time. However, at this time of year the heating is off during the day and not that much at night either. I could drain it now, but want to get the most out of it before inhibiting for winter. Would there be any point in running the heating with the back boiler on either setting 0 or 1, so that I get more circulation with the cleaner in, but at low/cold temperatures? i.e. which is more important for getting the most out of x400 - more flow or hotter water? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think you need flow and temperature. Could you close all rads bar one and run it on the highest pump speed, opening one radiator at a time to get maximum flow through each rad?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back