Using Super unleaded reduces exhaust emissions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A work colleague, told me that if you use super unleaded petrol in your car for a couple of days, it will reduce exhaust emissions for the MOT test.
Is this true? I very try anything.

Sponsored Links
yep but only very little, If the car has a cat, you can rag the pants of the car for 5 minutes and then drive it straight into garage for test. This is how we used to get my last car to pass, and it was the mot station that sent me back out to try this when it first failed !

mattysupra";p="990867 said:
yep but only very little, If the car has a cat, you can rag the pants of the car for 5 minutes and then drive it straight into garage for test. This is how we used to get my last car to pass, and it was the mot station that sent me back out to try this when it first failed

So true, especially with diesels, Take it on the motorway and batter it, just shows what a farce these cats are!

So true, especially with diesels, Take it on the motorway and batter it, just shows what a farce these cats are!

used to do that regularly on my deisels if they hadnt been on a run for a while, nice loud of black crud came out the back, my 406 Hdi doesnt sem to suffer the same though.

Sponsored Links
to be honest if the cat fails the test once the mot tester has gone off bet test and put make model and engine in and carried out the 2 min warm up at 2500 to 3000 rpm its past its best . i find if i blip the throttle 5 of 6 times then hold the revs up most cars will pass, the unburnt fuel passes over the cat and starts the reaction off inside it hence if you have a electrical misfire you will melt the cat .

Back