Using wacker plate indoors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Here is my problem. I am laying a concrete floor in my cellar. I need to compact the 75mm of hardcore i have laid before i pour the concrete. I was planning to hire a petrol driven wacker but then thought this could be dangerous as the only ventilation in the cellar is via a 6x4 inch air vent. Am i right to be worried about the fumes from the wacker?

Would i be aswell using a hand rammer (say 10lb) to compact the crusher run enough? Or could i use a garden roller to compact it down? Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
speak to a hire firm and see what they recomend, what about ventilation through the door?

:idea: nip down the local fire station and borrow a set of breathing apparatus.

or ask a fireman to do it for you, i know loads that do part time groundworks. :idea:

;)

Do not even think about it. There was a tragic accident in Tewkwsbury, Glos, when a father and son tried to pump out water from a basement during the recent floods using a diesel pump. They both sucumbed to the fumes and were asphyxiated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back