using WBP plywood for floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in the upper flat of a victorian terrace house that has been split into two flats.

I replaced the godawful flooring that lies above the ceiling of my downstairs neghbour.

I've used 18mm wbp plywood for the base of my floor - and put 20mm solid oak boards on top of that - Beneath the ply is a 24 dB sound reducing membrane and 50 kingspan heat insulation - we're now about to sell - and I was wondering whether this combination might have implications about building regs - any ideas?

odd-job

Sponsored Links
i can't see why your alterations would effect building regs, but for peace of mind i would contact your local council and speak to building regs and ask them, you don't have to tell them youve already done it!

We're coming to that conclusion! I've pored over them but there seems no definitive answer about what is expected specifically. Cheers!

OJ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back