Utility room in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all!

Current exploring building a stud wall with doorway halfway down my garage to create a small utility room to keep a condensor dryer and extra freezer in, along with some cupboards for storage.

Currently the garage has a fire door leading to the kitchen, which will remain in place, and a new door will be put in the stud wall to maintain access to the garage.

There won't be any radiators or running water.

Will I need any building control visits / planning permission for this?

Also - the gas and electricity meters are in the part of the garage I want to create the utility room in - can these stay or would I have to have them moved?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Strictly, this will need building regulations approval and the fire precautions built into the partition between the garage and the utility room.

If you can't use the garage for a car then there may be planning issues. Check the permitted development rights for the property and for any planning conditions on the original planning approval.

The meters won't need relocating.

Thanks for this. I've never been able to fit a car in anyway, it's way too narrow.

I'll give them a check, thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back