Utility sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put a sink in the utility room .At the mo there is a waste pipe that the washer goes to,jusst the open ended type where the flexible waste from the washer goes in .
What do I need to use that as a waste for a possible sink and still service the washer waste and indeed is this allowed /possible .
Any pictures or drawings would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
cut the pipe and fix a t pipe then connect sink to this

only problem is if both draining at same time

p1064377_l.jpg

Ta ,I thought something like the would suffice but was worried about smells but assume the u bend under the sink would stop that ,out of interest how come you dont get smells coming up the straight waste that is often provided for the likes of washing machines and dishwashers?

Drains for appliances usually incorporate a trap at the bottom of the vertical pipe.

Sponsored Links
>how come you dont get smells coming up the straight waste that is often provided for the likes of washing machines and dishwashers?

they still have a 75mm trap at the bottom or you have a running trap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back