v4600c gas valve not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My gas valve failed completely so I replaced it (after only 34 years!) with a 'seller-refurbished' one. That also wouldn't open so the seller sent me another - and that didn't open either! So I bought a new one (old stock) and fitted it - and that doesn't open either! I also gave it a tap when the power was onto it in case it was stuck.

I need to tell you I have always maintained my own car (every job) and have no trouble with that, so that although I am not a gasfitter I can look at the inside of a boiler case and understand what it is trying to do.

BUT: what have I missed?

Sponsored Links
Summat else is broken maybe?

3 gas valves = slow learner
I won't be accepting a lift in your car!

Sponsored Links
How very helpful. There is a tradition in most parts of the motor trade of trying to give useful information to other types of engineers. Only a few people try to keep their knowledge a secret. it must be very lonely for them.

The garage I used for my transit had fooked me over since it was new.
Time to get even.
Used the same garage for van and car for 11yrs, with wife and kids in everyday.

You reap what you sow.....

Possibly the thermocouple is a tad too short in which case would restrict the voltage to solenoid coil..
Either stretch the TC or bring the burner closer to gas valve..

Possibly the thermocouple is a tad too short in which case would restrict the voltage to solenoid coil..
Either stretch the TC or bring the burner closer to gas valve..

Perhaps if he pinched the TC a little the venturi effect might squirt the volts a bit further into the solenoid and lift it enough?

Last edited:
He sounds like the guy who had 3 vasectomies and when the third also failed thought side affect was it changed the colour of babies

Poff with all your experience with cars haven't you started to realise there maybe another problem :rolleyes: , how long has all this waiting around taken for parts to arrive :oops: ? stop touching what you don't understand and stick to cleaning your car . after hammering the gas valve did you return it back (n) .
get a RGI you tight as@ but ill give you sometime to think about that one :ROFLMAO: , FFS MAN

Dan, Steel, Gas, all you RGIs, take the chill pill. Moon is extra big. Lunar activity sure will be having detrimental effect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back