Vaccine questions - Is the vaccine definitely as safe as the other vaccines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know IT Minion if historically have their ever been vaccines that have had similar side effects to the "exceptionally rare" side effects that have occurred in younger people with the AZ vaccine?

Do you know SirGalahad how close the US is to licensing AZ? Is there any country that's refused to license it yet?
Not a clue, some vaccines are more dangerous than others.

The Anthrax vaccines are particularly risky with around 1% of injections having serious side effects. Of course for Anthrax that 1% risk is massively less than the risk of contracting Anthrax, which means it isn't suitable for prophylactic use for the entire population but it'd very useful if you think there's a high chance that you're going to be exposed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthrax_vaccines

Sponsored Links
1 in a thousand airplane passengers get DVT. I presume all of those saying the vaccine is unsafe obviously don’t travel on aeroplanes due to the risk.

Yes those are the figures released by the UK regulator. Yes direct to the vaccine and all to AZ vaccine and none to the Pfizer / Biontech
To be pedantic, they aren't definitely tied to the Vaccine, but it looks like some or maybe most of them are probably a result of it.

Trying to pick up 1 in a million events is really hard, for obvious reasons.

Do you know IT Minion if historically have their ever been vaccines that have had similar side effects to the "exceptionally rare" side effects that have occurred in younger people with the AZ vaccine?

Do you know SirGalahad how close the US is to licensing AZ? Is there any country that's refused to license it yet?

I mentioned this a while back - due to the issues with their trials the FDA were always going to be extra cautious with their approval. They are looking at the raw data and until they are satisfied then they will approve - they won't be rushed.

The FDA is not satisfied with the data AZ has submitted.

Sponsored Links
I fear for this country how easily people have been brainwashed even though they have told you to your face the vaccine doesn’t work,won’t allow your your full freedom etc.

The only one brain washed John is YOU and by all the conspiracy theories. The other >93% of us are much more sensible, value our lives and our health and have the jab.

If I were one of the ones, like you, who had made a decision not to have it - then the very last thing I would be doing would be shouting that fact from the rooftops. Rather than that, you are on here trying to convince others not to have the jab, which might well cost them their lives or possibly their future health.

Not on medical matters but given the choice I’d take the medical advice of an expert with real experience and credentials over a mystery person on a DIY forum.

Anyway, how’s the schoolboy changing of names going John? Still sniggering over your hilarious renaming of Chris Whitty to <snigger> Chris Titty? Oh what a sense of humour you have. Not unlike Lally’s renaming of politicians. 'Borisconi' is her current word of the moment. Hey, you two should get together and have a naming session, I bet you’ll have a right laugh.

Edit: In line with current trends, we could call you two 'Jellal'. See, you’ve got me at it now!

Why are we deferring to experts all of a sudden? Why have experts all come back in vogue?

I thought the prevailing mood was **** experts, what do they know?

:sneaky:

1 in a thousand airplane passengers get DVT. I presume all of those saying the vaccine is unsafe obviously don’t travel on aeroplanes due to the risk.

The whole of life itself is a continuous risk, there is no way to completely avoid risk, you can only minimise it.

It's dangee - like he is ever correct. :ROFLMAO:

"The annual incidence of DVT is estimated to be about 1 in 1,000. However, the risk of developing DVT is increased 2-3 fold after long-haul flights (more than 4 hours). This is a higher risk than other modes of transport where there is prolonged seating and immobility."

They're just starting to realize the potential danger of "LongCovid" it seems to be mentioned more in the news now

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me that "LongCovid" isn't get as much headline news as it should considering the risk. Does anybody else feel this way? I've seen one special Sky report about it which is what alerted me recently to how bad it could get. Does anybody know if "LongCovid" is equal risk amongst all age groups? I'll google it and see what I can find out

Not enough data and resources are stretched leading to either misdiagnosis or mistreatment. It's a fuzzy collection of symptoms that may or may not be related to covid but are being lumped together under the umbrella "long covid" until they have more data and analysis.

The public have been trained like monkeys where they need instant answers - when the reality is that we don't know enough and when we do will take time. Oh look over there its a statue someone doesn't like..

This is going to cause a s hitstorm. Many people will be put off from taking the vaccination and others this will add fuel to the fire.

But even worse, people now with vague symptoms will be knocking on their GPs doors thinking they are having an adverse effect.

The public don't have the capacity to understand the nuances of these issues. The Media is a mess in this country.

This is going to cause a s hitstorm. Many people will be put off from taking the vaccination and others this will add fuel to the fire. But even worse, people now with vague symptoms will be knocking on their GPs doors thinking they are having an adverse effect. The public don't have the capacity to understand the nuances of these issues.
Many people I think have struggled to completely understand the "nuances" surrounding Covid19

Last edited by a moderator:
https%3A%2F%2Fd6c748xw2pzm8.cloudfront.net%2Fprod%2F029154d0-97d1-11eb-8ca5-3b64ac9c72ae-standard.png

Even the bozos on here can understand that but the public has been fed rubbish by the News Media and so can't properly assess things anymore so they just play to their emotions. Wrap the AZ vaccine in the Union Flag? :unsure:

Does anybody know if "LongCovid" is equal risk amongst all age groups? I'll google it and see what I can find out

It seems to mostly affect (from the number of people they have interviewed on TV) the middle aged, or at least it seems to leave them unable to return work. It seems to be particularly disabling and debilitating, leaving them almost cripples and old before their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back