vailant diverter valve leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everybody

got a leak on a vailant ecotec pro28 - its leaking on from the diveter valve spindle - ive taken the little motor off the end and left it off - no leak & c/h working ok but now no dhw - i have done some work on the c/h circuit to add more rads after builing work so have drained & refilled a few times - possible muck in the valve maybe?

ive ordered a dv from parts centebut after a week it still hasnt arrived- anybody got any thoughts on a possible repair on the existing valve and how straightforward the replacement fitting is?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
yeah i know i cant get hot water - but what am i supposed to do leave the customer with no heating and no hot water?
at least they have heating

any helpful advice on a repair to the valve ?

That's. Not what u said tho is it mate u asked y u had no hotwater and had u blocked the valve when u had done radiator work, u didn't understand that u had removed motor so it wouldn't work I not a bloody mind reader!

maybe i should have been clearer:-

there is a leak on the diverter valve

ive taken the motor off

it stopped leaking

is it worth taking the valve out to see if theres muck in it ?

or shall i just wait till the new part comes in?

Change the valve u can't repair these regardless of what is causing the leak, an what parts centre are u using ffs! These are available at feeder 24 hours max?

went back to parts centre (bridgend) today and they are now saying vailant are out of stock and its going to be another 7-10 days ???????

went to plumbase - its coming in tomorow -yay!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back