Vailant ecotec plus pressure 3.5 - can't get pressure down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Our boiler pressure dropped so I topped it up with the fill value on near the big tank upstairs but the pressure have now gone too high 3.5

I've turned the boiler off downstairs and drained about 5 litres from the rad but the pressure is still the same.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to switch off somewhere else as well or can I drain from somewhere else?

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
I've checked the and can't tighten up any more and the dial isn't raising and the tank isn't filling.

The other think I have just noticed is that when we call hot water the boiler is dripping from underneath - probably because of the high pressure?

Sponsored Links
Hi

Vaillant Ecotec Plus 630 Condensing System Boiler.

With a VRC400 Control Panel (I think that's what it is)

We also have a large tank upstairs with it? Boiler are not my area really so not sure if I have given you the information you need here?

N

When you say "tank" do you mean cylinder? if so do you know if its unvented or vented, ie do you have tanks in the loft?
Where did you take the 3.5bar pressure reading from?

Hi

Its a cylinder a cupboard - its an unvented hot water cylinder. In the cupboard the pressure is 2.8 on the dial, but on the boiler its 3.6 when pressing i

Try and drain more out, any drain point on your heating system should do.
The pressure should drop unless your filling loop is letting by or you have a problem with your cylinder or boiler

Did you fill it up to 3.5bar or did it go up on its own?

I managed to fill it to that by not paying attention!

Will switch cylinder and boiler off and try again

The difference in gauge and digital readings will be well known to Registered Gas Installers on these appliances.

I suggest you find a GasSafe Registered Engineer to investigate and remedy.

As per forum rules, no safety critical advice is given.

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back