Vaillant 1990s models

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if there might have been a major change in the Vaillant product line in the 90s?

So, I looked up the right replacement time switch for the Turbomax 242; I asked here for advice; this morning I shut it down, opened it up, and found that - there is no clip holding the timer unit in place on the right hand side, there is no terminal block for the 4 plug in electrodes to go into, and the timer seems partly built in to the electronic control box. The space where the timer might go is where the boiler noddy manual is kept; it's an integral part of the control panel moulding and there are no electrical connections behind it.

Examining the various stickers on the underside of the boiler, I think it was installed around 1996.

Sponsored Links
you've got the early turbomax then, and you thought you had the later one. so probably you've bought something like a 110timeswitch which will be no useto you!

There was 2 optional timers for your boiler, a tappet timer and a digital one. The digital one is based on the awful grasselin controls. I guess you could still get one but probably they are quite pricey for such a bog standard timer.
Personally I'd just wire in an external one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back