Vaillant 242 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am having some problems with my Vaillant 242 boiler, it doesn not seem to ignite anymore. I have attached a video as well. Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Daniel

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sorry about the wrong video posted, I have removed and added the right one.

Regards

Last edited:
That's an odd fault...the top red lockout light should come on and stay on...not flash on.
Anyway it's time to get someone in...unlikely to be diy.

Sponsored Links
No, what you see in the video is happening when I switch the heating on or when I want to use the hot water. I can actually her some kind of noise for the first 10 seconds, something like electric sparks.....they eventually fade away.

Sounds like it could be your flame sensor. Hard to say without being there.

I see...This actually escalated from switching off and back on the hot water tap-quick fix- to turning the heating on and now to switching off the boiler for 30 minutes...

A quick visual inspection by a professional may determine the problem. Hopefully it’s just your flame sensor/ electrodes pilot assembley. Keep us informed.

Well, there is always something about this boiler, I don't get bored at all....
Thanks, I will keep you updated.

Regards

That boilers gotta be at least 20 years old? I think you’ve had your money’s worth.

I was already on Google :))
The boiler cost me about £350 in the last 2 years....if I can use it another year I would be happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back