VAILLANT 242H FAN PROBLEM AND REPLACEMENT HELP PLZ

well obviously if i can do all of them im not a layman to diy....the boiler fan is easier then everything in that list.

Anyone else who needs to do it, if you feel you can do the simple task then go ahead....if not call a engineer!

ps. get mum to make me a sandwich and leave big things to the guys who know how!

Sponsored Links
Ok.

clap2.gif

Blue peter badge is in the post.

what makes me laugh is that with all this gas safety conciousness! my wife nearly blew our home, possibly with disastrous results, after she accidently left the cooker knob on and raw gas was being emitted from one of the burners, and accumulating, I was out and when i got back, opened the front door and could smell strong gas, I was horrified and shouted where the hell was she, why couldn't she smell the gas !

She has a defective hearing, and probably the noes as well! she wears hearing aid, and so there was no way she could have eard the gas hiss from the burner, and worst of all, there was an ignition device at the ready, like a time bomb, waiting to go any second!

She had an open flame from a near by candle lit to heat the perfumed oil, just 2 meters away from the stove, I was lucky as I rushed in I did not even see this lit candle and turned the gas off, and screamed at her!

then I saw this candle flame! and proceeded to it with slow motion so as to not cause turbulence, and put my finger on this flame! Thank God ! for that.

so essentially what i am saying is all this gas safety thing, and safety of public, if my house had blown up, it would have probably killed me as well as her and may be my neighbours!

yet it is so simple that gas safety on cookers is not regarde as a major issue and yet gas safety regulations insist on all new gas hob installations be carried out in copper piping and no flexible piping is allowed, so this makes you wonder, there are still loads of older appliances with no flame detection safety devices fitted to these hobs and many are still being sold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back