Vaillant PCB Board fitting, not firing , now with video.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

I need to replace my ignition pcb board on my vaillant vcw 282 boiler.

I've got the part. Is to somthing I can change myself?

The guy how diagnosed the fault cant come to fit until tomorrow and im getting bit desperate, been without hot water and heating since monday now.

Any advice would be great.

Sponsored Links
The point I was trying to make was having waited so long is it not better to wait one more rather than risk damaging either it or another part of the boiler.

You fit, and damage it by failing to notice any other problems that might have caused it to fail, your problem. Engineer does so his problem and expence.

You asked
Is to somthing I can change myself?
that is only something you can decide on - do you feel confident and afterwards can you complete the necessary safety checks?

Sponsored Links
The guy didn't turn up. Called someone else out and they fitted the part.
Didn't fix the problem tho. He couldn't Work What was wrong with it.

Anybody got ant ideas-

vaillant vcw 282 boiler not firing up, does everything it's surpose to do but doesn't ignite and then stops after about 20's and red light comes on and re-set button pops out.

:cry:

just turned the heat on, just to try it again.

gave it whack on the side and it fired up. I could see blue flames. After a few mins the flames have gone but he heat still seems to be on.

Loose wire or something?

First of all try refraining from whacking the side of the boiler,although it may be frustrating.
tell us why you decided to change the P.C.B.?
and explain what is happening now,without whacking the boiler ;)

Im not going to hit it any more, my hand hurts :LOL:

I changed the ignition pcb because the 1st engineer that came out said thats what it was.
He didnt turn up today to fit so I call another engineer who lived 5 min's a way from me.
He fitted it and it didnt make any difference.
He looked at for an hour and couldnt find what was wrong.

When you turn heating or HW on you here the pump and fan go but it doesnt ignite. after 20 ior so sec's it stops and a red light comes on and the re-set button pops out.

When i hit it in temper when it was surposed to fire up it did but went of after 5-10mins.

At mt rads got hot for 1st time this week :rolleyes:

could be a number of things. I would suspect the flow switch first, or the weep tubes connecting it being blocked.

I had the mrs moaning so much I've now phoned BG for them to come out on their fixed price repair thing. Coming out monday.

Was the pump actually running? Sounds like a bad pump relay on the mother pcb.

Just a stab...

Bunny

At the risk of asking a dumb question, but did the first guy charge you for the diagnosis?

Bunny, are you familiar with this boiler? The reason why I ask is pump not running on this boiler does not compute i.e. red light would not come on if pump was not running.

my first thought on this was aps but why is the reset button operating ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back