Vaillant 937 piped up backwards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, this is going to sound like a strange one. But I would absolutely love a straight forward yes/no answer.

If a Vaillant 937 is piped up with cold mains going up the hot and the hot coming out where the cold mains should go in, I obviously know it won't operate correctly, but could it cause any damage to the boiler?

By damage, I mean could it cause any leaks within the boiler?

There is obviously a back story to this but it is looooong and extremely boring.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
no it would not cause it to leak or cause any damage. Just wouldn't work

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Micky,

For the swift response and straight to the point answer. It's much appreciated and exactly what I wanted to hear.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the way that this boiler senses a HW demand is a unit called an Aqua sensor which is basically a small turbine is rotated when water runs through it, if the pipework is corrected correctly the impellor will run from North to south , if corrected wrongly then it will run South to North and the Hall sensor will not ask the boiler to operate, as you have been correctly advised this will not damage the boiler but it wont work if connected wrongly, you will however get some HW when the heating is on and before the store depletes

Sponsored Links