Vaillant AquaPlus 362-7 & Hive Heating

3 and 4 just trim wires back to the white sheath of cable. As for removing the stat no power should be going to it, so no need to terminate safely.
Ok that's sweet think i have some 4 core in the garage will go have a dig about

Sponsored Links
Nope, only got 3 core flex and t&e. I'll get a metre of 4 core.

Am I right in assuming I don't need to run an earth to the hive only the L,N,3,4 as ianmcd said.

Will the stat not have power from the Spur?

It shouldn’t do as it’s been connected via the boiler, but you can safely terminate if you wish, but no need for a junction box, just a terminal strip and bury in wall. Earths aren’t needed for class 2 products, which the Hive is, the Earth is there to protect the cable. What I was told by an electrician was still run the Earth connecting at the boiler end, and connect loose end in a terminal strip connector then if someone accidentally cut the wires it would still trip the electrics.

Sponsored Links
Any will work, but the higher you go the more difficult it cam become at the boiler end, especially if the boiler feed is already 1.5, I personally like to use 0.75mm squared.

So quick update, had a gander behind the stat (again) and the fused spur.

S***t show of cabling but I've got a good handle on what's where now.

Stat - has 3c & e from fused spur, where behind the wall socket it picks up the t3 and t4 connections on boiler side.

Fused Spur - mains in top left, boiler out bottom left and stat 3c&e top right.

Plan currently would be
1. disconnect the grey/black from 5c from boiler from the term blocks and the 3c&e to stat completely from the spur, therefore enabling me to remove stat with no live down in the junction.
2. Trim grey/black back to white cover boiler side and also in the spur wall cavity as cables now redundant.
3. New 5c flex from boiler L,N,E & t3,t4 out to Hive receiver.

This would enable fused spur to kill boiler and hive if ever sliced/cut by accident.

Thoughts on that approach? @CBW @ianmcd

Attachments

• 20221130_145428.jpg
    20221130_145428.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 44
  • 20221130_145628.jpg
    20221130_145628.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hive all installed on wall with fresh piece of 5C cable.

Just waiting for next opportunity for power off to wire into boiler and also adapt the fused spur as above.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back