Vaillant AquaPlus 362-7 & Hive Heating

Yup, it's on, and in the mode that would normally await signal from the stat to turn heat on

I.e. no programmer interfering and not in "moon" setting as Valliant have it

I did switch the grey wire back to Term 2 and tried it like that and the boiler kicked in and permanently on

Sponsored Links
Multimeter in my father in laws van so don't have it to hand right now.
I'll dig out a terminal block and try what you said.
One point I did see is that the grey wire has a brown floating bit of sheath, bit like the earth sheathing but solid brown. Whether that's anything relevant don't know

Sponsored Links
Yes, that’s how it should be, indicating it’s a switch live wire, but it could be wired as permanent live grey and switch brown, as that would have still worked on the Honeywell.

Yes, that’s how it should be, indicating it’s a switch live wire, but it could be wired as permanent live grey and switch brown, as that would have still worked on the Honeywell.
So any ideas on where to put brown if I wire as Black N, Grey L

Tried that kicks heating on but no light on reciever still

Could be a duff receiver?
No idea, is there a way to test it? I've rewired it back to old thermostat now as the Mrs says it's freezing in the house lol.

Balls, was hoping this would be an easy one.

Don’t think there’s a way to test the receiver, only thing you could test is the power going to it.

Confusing. I'll check if I can see whats plugged in where on the pcb on the boiler, but the main lead from a fused switch on wall is the only cable into the boiler, whether I can see where it goes after I'll check.

Bugging me!

Wondering if this is the same issue?

However even with the timer on "call for heat", unless there is a stat demand it wouldn't kick in?

My boiler is currently on the sun symbol which means when I click the stat over the current room temp I get heating on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back