Vaillant AquaPlus 362-7 & Hive Heating

Any further ideas? Is there anything I can do boiler end?

Sponsored Links
On the Hive reciever do I need to be pressing the button to switch the receiver on or anything?

@ianmcd

Last edited:
I'll investigate whether it's possible to change the wiring boiler side to make switched live perm live? Would that maybe solve it

It could be that the black wire isn't actually connected to a neutral at the other end. The old dial thermostat will still work without it (it's only there to improve accuracy of the old mechanical type) but the Hive needs it to work at all.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
It could be that the black wire isn't actually connected to a neutral at the other end. The old dial thermostat will still work without it (it's only there to improve accuracy of the old mechanical type) but the Hive needs it to work at all.
Should be able to check that at the boiler end.

The boiler schematic shows as follows, whether it's wired like that I'll check shortly.

Attachments

• 16696303295781275681239274204437.jpg
    16696303295781275681239274204437.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 27
Check with multimeter, saves you opening up the boiler.

Check with multimeter, saves you opening up the boiler.
Will do, any thoughts on best way?

Maybe wire it up as you originally suggested @CBW, leave the fascia off the Hive recievwr and then power on everything? Then check in what order?

On the Hive reciever do I need to be pressing the button to switch the receiver on or anything?

@ianmcd
you have overly confused the whole thing, your origional attemp at wiring was correct, but you need to set the programmer to the half moon position (heating on ) and leave it there the hive will over ride it, when set for summer no power to the thermostat wiring :p

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
you have overly confused the whole thing, your origional attemp at wiring was correct, but you need to set the programmer to the half moon position (heating on ) and leave it there the hive will over ride it, when set for summer no power to the thermostat wiring :p
Mind blown. Do I need to do anything with the programmer on the boiler or just the moon thing

Be tomorrow's job now, I've got no chance of killing the power and heating whilst the misses is in lol

nope just set it to the moon and make sure you dont turn it back or you will cut the power to the hive and will need to bind it again

nope just set it to the moon and make sure you dont turn it back or you will cut the power to the hive and will need to bind it again
Nice one. So what's the difference between moon and sunshine then? When I have it in sunshine setting and flick the thermostat up past rhe room temp so it clicks (on the honeywell), the heating comes on. Should this not have been the case in moon?

Apologies maybe my understanding of summer (sunshine) vs moon (winter) setting...!!

User manual states moon constantly off, sun constantly on?

Attachments

• 5A0C976C-3E38-4AAE-B5E8-5F8E7E7B8247.jpeg
    5A0C976C-3E38-4AAE-B5E8-5F8E7E7B8247.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 31
What happens when I move from moon to sun. Both with thermostat (honeywell) calling for increaee in temp.

Moon - light off and radiator symbol flashes with pump still active.
Sun - light on and flame on boiler kicks in (granted not immediately)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221128_180555_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221128_180555_Gallery.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20221128_180613_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221128_180613_Gallery.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 21
The only thing I can think as to why @ianmcd said use the moon is that it puts full permanent live thru to stat when heating is off, and when sunshine is selected the stat breaks the circuit until the stat clicks and calls for heat (making the circiit).

Help lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back