Vaillant Boiler Clicking

5942F3C1-8E89-43C9-8292-1D5799DC5E08.jpeg

Sponsored Links
That looks like a combination tank for a combination cylinder. What about that black tank? If that’s inside the black tank, then that would suggest water is present. I’d be looking at a faulty zone valve or a link in pcb.

Sponsored Links
Yep the tank is inside the tank. I’ll phone Vaillant tomorrow as the boiler is under warranty so hopefully they can come and sort it

I’ll report back on here what the problem was, thanks very much for your help and assistance

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Most likely the Pump is knackered, the myson/bg clone were cheap and nasty and failed regularly. The air vent was made of plastic!! Would explain the banging and crashing and the extremely high flow temperature. Change it for a dab evosta or a wilo pico 25/6.
Be warned if you get vaillant out and it is the pump they will charge you £160. Their warranty covers the boiler only.

Thanks for this response.

I’ve taken the gamble, it’s a £90 fee if they come out and the boiler isn’t the issue. If it isn’t, I’ll rack their brains and at least find out the issue!

Many thanks

I have an error code on the boiler of F.83 at the moment, came on yesterday. Roll on tomorrow!

It thinks it's overheating...check the pump.
What are Vaillants terms is no fault is found on the boiler?

Then I have to pay £90, steep isn’t it! I’ll get the most out of paying that even if it isn’t the boiler problem.

So the engineer has been, the problem is with the wiring when installer. There is a permanent live on the boiler when it should be set up to a switch live, so at the moment when there is no demand, the display still shows up when it shouldn’t do.

Looks like a sum of money to Vaillant and an electrician call out!

• Thanks
So the engineer has been, the problem is with the wiring when installer. There is a permanent live on the boiler when it should be set up to a switch live, so at the moment when there is no demand, the display still shows up when it shouldn’t do.

Looks like a sum of money to Vaillant and an electrician call out!

Similar to leaving the link in on the 24v side, could he not have done this when there, or is it on the thermostat?

He said he isn’t allowed to get involved with it as it’s outside the boiler. Sorry to be a pain, what is the 24v side?

so I’m hoping the valves and pump don’t need replacing

Sorry to be a pain, what is the 24v side?
Depending on your choice of external controls for your boiler, there is a coice to switch theboiler on /off using 230V AC, which as you have zone valves is the best set up for your system, but if the boiler was installed with different controls there is also an option to use 24Vdc switching, the boiler comes with a link fitted to the 24V terminals and this has to be removed when using the 230V controls, but the Vaillant lad would have checked this, if you can get the front unit off the hive receiver and post a pic of the wiring so we can see what has been done, my money is on a zone valve end switch sticking though

• Thanks
Thank you for clarifying! Ah interesting, it must be that then! I can’t access the screws at the bottom, as you’ll see here, no space at all!
A47DD62C-6118-4BEE-AE23-1ED763AEA6D9.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back