Vaillant Boiler Clicking

Nope, no filling loop there. So as per @Gasguru, we could now do with a photo of airing cupboard. We can advise further then.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, sorry I’m a complete beginner when it comes to central heating as you can tell hah

0EE24720-9DEC-4859-A90E-FCEA73B850C5.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Looking at the photos so far, tells me it’s an open vented system,not sealed. So I refer you back to post 5 by checking the feed and expansion tank (smallest of the 2) for water, but firing up for heating with no demand suggests a failed zone valve. Has this issue always been there?

Attachments

• 85D59A6E-4B0B-4FE3-B244-3AD90DF514AC.jpeg
    85D59A6E-4B0B-4FE3-B244-3AD90DF514AC.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 120
Thank you.

I’ll get the ladder out tomorrow and head up there, shall report back on it.

When I reported that the heating and water was off, I did this on my app but went back to check the actual hive hub and it was still on there. Heating and water are now turned off, and it hasn’t happened since then (1 hour or so).

Still abit strange how the heater fired up (when hive was on) when the requested temperature was lower than the room tenperature

Need more pictures to determine the system.
Have a look below the Luxury flannels...there should be a pump...
And you might find it's a sealed system (I can't see enough pipes going up into the loft).

CDBA81FB-4F94-4536-8736-7AA56687D919.jpeg

Ah, we have a pump where you mentioned. Could this be what’s clicking/rattling and all the above?!

You need top find out whether it's a sealed system (with a red vessel, pressure gauge etc) or a traditional open vented system...have a look in the loft for a small cistern around 500 x 300mm.

If there is sufficient pressure/water in the system then investigate the pump....those pumps are not great quality.
The front plastic hex "nut" unscrews. Then pull the nut gently out and it will engage with the impeller. Try spinning the impeller. You can then determine if it's seized.
With power applied you can feel the torque...perhaps the motors weak.
There will be a little water loss so have a cloth underneath.

Okay thank you.

The hive is off as I mentioned, it’s started making this noise again. I’ll get to the loft tomorrow and come back to you both

cheers

Hive is off, is boiler firing for heating or hot water? Is there any control on the boiler?

It’s the heating that is firing up

There are controls on the boiler for both settings, to increase or decrease the temperature (of the boiler and water in the boiler system), not the room temperature level

Hi.

I’ve just been in the loft, the water tank is half full, I’ll send pictures over now. There are water droplets coming from the area just above the red dot on the picture

Do these picture help at all?

thanks all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back