Vaillant boiler - does this look right?

I just had a look and there aren't any knobs underneath the boiler :cry:

but there are a couple of 'honeywell' small metal boxes that are fixed into the pipes, they have like a metal switch sticking out each of them, could they be the equivalent of the knobs you're referring to?

Sponsored Links
Look under your bottom to find your knobs. Tell your girlfriend 6 inches and she'll know what size to look for...

ecotecfillingloop1fb2.gif

The knobs are recessed into the bottom plastic grill covering the underside of the boiler, if fitted. Can be difficult to see.

FYI the model number of the boiler should be in a small sticker on the inside of the controls cover.

Also in this colder weather you need to turn the lower control knob up higher, ie all the way when its really cold as it is now. The diagrams on the cover lid show you where it should be.

Sponsored Links
The knobs are recessed into the bottom plastic grill covering the underside of the boiler, if fitted. Can be difficult to see.

You know, I don't think they are fitted - thanks Chris for posting that pic.

What do you reckon I should do? Last time, the engineer didn't need to tinker underneath it or anything like that. I think he made a quick adjustment to a control on the front and that was that.

Also in this colder weather you need to turn the lower control knob up higher, ie all the way when its really cold as it is now. The diagrams on the cover lid show you where it should be.

I've turned that now, thank you :D

Has your landlord got it covered by a service contract? If not just tell the landlord that the boiler has failed and she needs to call the engineer again.

If it's under 12 months old call Vaillant to get their local man out.

I don't think she does, had to pay £70 for about 2 minutes work last time, that's why I'm in the ****, I failed to retain the important advice the techician gave me, like the BoilerDunce that I am.

ANy sign of an external filling loop?
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=250754#250754[/QUOTE]

you people are quality

yes, there is... the top switch, further away from the boiler points in line with the pipe and the bottom switch, closer to it, is the opposite and sticks out at a right angle.

my friend is also trying to find a solution too and he's being told that is central to getting it sorted. What do you reckon chris?

Many thanks for any replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back