Vaillant boiler timeswitch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant ECO max 828 E boiler.

Everything works fine but the only way to control the central heating is via the thermostat.

If I leave it to operate on the Time Switch it turns itself back on on at some point even though the Timer is telling it heat is not required.

I've fitted a new Timer but it has made no difference.

Any advice on this problem would be appreciated before I call in an expert.

Sponsored Links
Have you got the warmstart/preheat,set on the display on front of the boiler,if so the letter "C" will be showing, turn this off :p

If you mean your heating is coming on when the timeclock is off, then it's a high possibility that the diverter valve is sticking and requires replacing.

Sponsored Links
I don't have the pre heat on bobw1956. I could never see the advantage unless you were drawing hot water off constantly.

Thank you Thebunny831 I'll look into that. Might have to just change it and see. The boiler is quite old now.

I'm still considering my options here.

I'm not 100% sure about how a Diverter valve works but if I'm getting domestic hot water and heating when required. Which I am. How can the Diverter valve be faulty?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back