Vaillant Boiler VCW GB 242EH

Thanks for the info gents, it's really nice being in a warm house again..
bloody servo valve ;)

Sponsored Links
Kevplumb had it straight away.
I was also getting the problem that the movement on my diverter valve was not sufficient enough to allow the actuator to make contact with the microswitch. First thought was the diaphram. (I ordered one from my local merchant and 3 wrong ones were sent). When I got the correct one and stripped out the diverter valve only to find the original one was in good condition. I stripped down the rest of the diverter valve and found a few barnacles of crap which I removed. I reassembled everything but the problem was still there.
Following the diagnostics listed in the boiler manual, I stripped all the control lines out and they were all clear.
The manual then says to check/replace the diverter valve. I bought one from ebay for £45, which was a reasonable trade off for what I would pay to have a boiler engineer in. This had the same problem.
My next port of call was the servo valve. Not enough water pressure was getting to the right chamber in the diverter valve to allow the actuator to make contact with the microswitch. While I was stripping down the boiler again, to inspect the servo valve, I found this post and and Kevplumb hit the nail on the head from the start. All running good now

Godfrey. You are a little late. Post is a month or two old

what can i say

my fan club is growing
lol-020.gif

Sponsored Links
Was a bit late DP, but I thought I would leave a bit of feedback as I was actually in the process of resolving this issue. I'm sure as other people look around these forums for a bit of guidance its OK to see that the advice given was still put to good use even at such a long time after the post started.
Still had to do one more tweak after cleaning inside the servo which turned out to be the real crux of my problem. There was no gap between the push rod and the cam on the servo. This meant that the servo was not returning to the proper position to channel enough pressure to the right chamber in the diverter valve. This was one of the checks listed by GASGURU.
Hell of a lot of disturbance, just to adjust a small screw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back