Vaillant boiler

As I guessed bad installation, your boiler is correctly sized (maybe slightly undersized) for your system and should have worked fine with 22mm pipes and definitely no LLH. Microbore or a restrictive system could be helped by CSTs
But despite fitting their boiler on a dirty system a £350 part was changed FOC and you’re not impressed. Pour mud in to you cars filler cap and see how far you get with that manufacturer.
whats bad installation? the boiler? or the existing pipework? none of this is my fault. If you pay going rate for an install you expect it to work. If my system is crap and the boiler wont work on it properly I expect them to tell me not just put it in. Info out there on valiant heat exchangers being narrow and blocking up so in respect to the OP he might want to consider that this boiler might be more likely to give probs more than others if the system its fitted to is not in good nick.

Sponsored Links
None of it is Vailants’ but you slag them off. They repaired FOC should have told you to ........ just take off the C

god what a nice guy you are!!

what the matter with you?

So going back to boilers , You want advice .
Vailliant great boiler in my books , then consider Atag love them 10 year guarantee build quality and design mint , but not cheap around £1100,
then love viessman , Baxi fantastic value well built cheap or potterton cheaper same boiler rebaged , Do not buy bosch leave with you but Vailliant good choice

Sponsored Links
Vaillant have sold over a million EcoTecs and haven’t had to change a million heat exchangers. As an ex Group Service engineer, I’ve seen more of these boilers than you’ve had sock shuffles ( I guess it’s close though) and it’s one of the best built, most copied and most reliable out there.
Your limited experience is biased, wrong and of little use. Shame I wasn’t your attending engineer.

ps. left a while back so views are entirely my own.

Vaillant have sold over a million EcoTecs and haven’t had to change a million heat exchangers. As an ex Group Service engineer, I’ve seen more of these boilers than you’ve had sock shuffles ( I guess it’s close though) and it’s one of the best built, most copied and most reliable out there.
Your limited experience is biased, wrong and of little use. Shame I wasn’t your attending engineer.

ps. left a while back so views are entirely my own.

you're being offensive for no reason whatsoever in this thread - landlord comment etc, and anyone would think you made Valiant boilers yourself.

May I take the opportunity of thanking you for your comments its been most helpful and I think I shall go for the Vaillant. I am sorry that some of you have been insulted on my blog, I don't really know why people seem to delight in being insulting and abusive, I am a widow and after my husband died I moved to a smaller property and I rent out the old house, so I am also a Landlord.
Tully

Tully, you did not spout ill informed bias so no bile was meant for you.

If you live in a small house a 430 is not for you. As a rule of thumb 1.2 kW per radiator is the boiler size you want, if a heat only boiler is what you need. Combis are normally 24, 30 or 35 kW for the DHW flow rate. Unvented cylinders gave a heat input of 21 kW and may affect the other radiator formula.

Knowing this will help guide your installers so you are both happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back