VAILLANT Combi Boiler- Heat Exchnger replacement Kit -065034

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the diverter valve modification really neccesary as supplied with the replacement kit?
And also breaking the link to PCB?
What are consequences if left as it (replace pipes and HE)?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Dont worry about the divertor valve modification . it does not have any adverse affect if not done.
Snip the link if its the board that requires it the difference is spindles for the knobs are plastic or metal but cant remember which one is the hybrid and which one isnt

Thanks namsag,
I think my boiler is hybrid, do i still need to break the link to PCB?

Should tell you in instructions which board it is that you cut the link on , cant remember off hand

Sponsored Links
What if the link is left, is there any adverse affect?
The reason i am asking is that it has not been done by the Plumber ( the D.Valve and the link).
Thanks

To be honest have not got a clue as never seen one that when it needed snipped had not been.

Thanks namsag
Reading some threads on the forums suggest that mods to diverter and the link is necesary only if you you live in HARD water area.

Not carrying out the mods will result in a higher hot water temp. If you live in a hard water area its a problem because the water will heat to the optimum scale forming temp in the plate he. Short term, the hot water will be better than ever! :D

Thanks all, but still unsure.
I have just opened the mod kit box, reading the vaillant instructions it says these mods to be done ONLY if you live in HARD water area.
I live in a soft water area, should i leave it well alone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back