Vaillant Combi Boiler Noise

As Bunnyman says the current ecoTEc 837 working gas pressure acceptable range is 15mb to 23mb using P.1 (max output) measured at the gas control valve inlet test nipple.

I'm with Bell, sounds like sh I te in the main exchanger...

Sponsored Links
In the MIs it states 17 - 25 mb. And it says "do not proceed with adjustment or attempt to put the boiler into service". And it's working pressure. Can you post a link to where your minimum is stated by Vaillant as 15mb? And how can it state 17 -25 standing pressure when the preceding step says to operate the boiler? Perhaps I'm reading the wrong Ecotec MIs.
http://www.vaillant.co.uk/stepone2/data/downloads/d7/42/00/ecoTEC_installation_and_servicing.pdf
And do Vaillant state all other appliances are ok to be at lower WORKING pressure whilst their boiler is running? Do you?
I think you need to read the GIUSP again.

And you're the one confused between standing and working pressure.
And yes, I'm an RGI. You're not helping the OP.

The link you referenced is the 2006 MI, the current revision for MI before the range change last year is 06/2010. This states the 15-23mb range as does the new ecoTEC range MI. Vaillant should really update their website... ;)

Sponsored Links
Oops didn't intend to start a debate and hopefully my earlier post makes sense and my conclusions are correct.

Will see BG tomorrow and see where we are then

I give up :roll I'm just trying to help do u think me an 831 would give you wrong info or not know?

bolshy you now have three bunnys biting i wish you could tell me more :LOL: :LOL:

you are way off an inlet pressure of 15mbar is still acceptable as you should know there is an allowable drop over a gas train i shouldn't need to explain this to you if you an RGI if you ain't then your argument is null and void,

maybe you should read reg's and MI's!!!

oh and 831 has helped the OP as he pointed directly to my post the noise WILL be the H/EX and i would put my mortgage on that!

not dis-believing any of the bunny's but just coming to bolshy defence a little bit, i use the GI workmate app (if the hard copy MI isn't available) & i have exactly the same info as him, so i guess it's not only the manu that needs to update their info :rolleyes:

To the bunnyman and bell : If you're trying to help somebody, maybe you should sound helpful rather than condescending and scornful.
To The831Bunny, thanks for the info, appreciated.
So updated MIs aside, what is the drop on a correctly sized gas pipe from meter to appliance? I think you'll find it's 1mb.
Gas supplied at the meter 21mb ± 2. So just because you've got your 15 mb doesn't mean there's not a problem on the gas installation, ie meter governor, as I previously posted. And if ALL appliances don't have their manufacturers minimum working pressure with them all running at full rate, and they don't gas rate correctly, then combustion is affected and it's AR for the appliances that don't gas rate correctly.
Which is what my original post was about - the BG engineer recorded 16mb, and left.
So you'd walk away on a 15mb inlet pressure because Vaillant say their boiler is ok at that? With a possibly failing meter governor?
I read my regs, I have to, I'm self employed.
@ bell824, I did read the MIs from Vaillant's website. And it's YOU who needs to read his GIUSPs.

It not very promising that Vaillant apparently dont put the latest MI on their site!

Biasi are very good with that and put all the MIs there although that could be very confusing for those who dont realise the manufacture date is the last four digits of the serial munber.

I downloaded the MI from the Vaillant website this morning and they are certainly newer than the ones I got with the boiler. The figures min max pressures at the test point are 15 - 23

Bit confused now though, does it look like I have pressure problem or not? The BG engineer is due shortly.

Edit: Mean to say looks like original installer noted pressure at 16mb so doesn't look it has changed in the period since then

He needs to carry out a working pressure check, boiler on full, at the gas meter. Regardless of the MIs minimum pressure, gas pipework should deliver to an appliance at less than 1mb drop between meter and appliance. Generally, a small drop can occur across the gas isolator at the boiler too, depending on the appliance make. Don't know what Vaillant state for the 837.
Basically, if the meter governor is working, your gas pipework is undersized. If there's low pressure at the meter, it's the governor or incoming gas pipe from the street, which National Grid have to sort out. The BG bloke needs to find out which.
Looks like his MIs are out of date too.......... :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back