Vaillant Eco Tec Pro 28 Combi Pressure ? Idiots Guide needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I admit that I am clueless so please bear with me.
Red light flashing plus F22 and no hot water so I need to raise pressure as needle is in the red box where it says BAR.

Miraculously I have located the flexible filling loop under the sink all connected. There appears to be just one valve which should turn with a flat screwdriver. I presume I do not need to disconnect the filling loop and put it somewhere else.

Next Moves. Do I turn the boiler off at the mains or just turn the on/off dial beside the pressure gauge from 1 to O on the boiler itself and leave the mains switch on?

Do I release the water to fill the boiler by just turning the one valve on the filling loop under the sink in its current location and position? Is the screw moved clockwise or anticlockwise? Once I have taken the steps will the red light go out automatically or are there further steps?

Any information would be greatly appreciated and apologies if my question are obvious only the Boiler manual is not much use on how to increase the pressure.

Sponsored Links
I haven't tried it yet as I am not sure of the procedure.
Just waiting for someone to answer my questions.

you dont need to turn off the boiler
the filling loop some have two valves, yours has one from what you say. turn the slot either way ( which ever works), dont go all the way around, just open it a bit to get a feel for it as you hear water running. keep an eye on the gauge as you do it if possible.
your fault code was dry fire and f24 is low water pressure
keep an eye on the gauge over the next week or so and see if it remains the same or drops. check this when cold, the gauge will rise when boiler is on, this is normal to say 1.5/1.7 from 1.0 cold.
if it drops again you may have a leak, look for signs of damp say under a rad valve

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much; it worked although I couldn't shut off the valve as quickly as I wanted as screw driver was a bit narrow. Pressure is about two thirds of the way into grey zone but hopefully it will be ok as I'm sure it can't go up any more without additional water.

I can't belive it is so simple. Tomorrow will buy a proper flat headed screw driver in case problem recurs.
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back