Vaillant ecofit pure keeps erroring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

wondering if I can get some advice. We have a vaillant ecofit pure boiler and it seems to keep crashing frequently with either error code 20 or 23. The whole system crashed and we need to restart it.

conntected to system is a gledhill hot water tank, pressure tank in loft, rads and underfloor heating in kitchen/diner.

any ideas what could keep causing this? As days we get no hot water as we don’t realise it’s failed.

Sponsored Links
I notice it tends to improve when I let air out of the magna flow bottle.

i did notice sometimes the pump loses power and the boiler stays on.

maybe pump on the way out?

Any recommendations for a good powerful pump to service a 5 bedroom house with large number of rads and Tank. The underfloor system has its own pump in the utility

Well if you keep having air in there, then that needs to be looked at first, clearly there is a leak and air is being pulled into system.

Which pump looses power?

Where is the UFH pump installed?

Sponsored Links
Well if you keep having air in there, then that needs to be looked at first, clearly there is a leak and air is being pulled into system.

Which pump looses power?

Where is the UFH pump installed?

ufh pump is installed downstairs in the utility.

it’s the central heating pump that loses power which is a grunfos alpha 2L

don’t seem to be having any leaks anywhere though

Check your magnaclean isolation valves and any other isolation valves as well.

Is this an open vent?
Is there a TRV, does pump stay on after boiler stops firing?

You have a negative pressure leak, air is drawn in not water going out. How else is air getting in.

According to manual, there need to be a TRV between the main pump and boiler return, also pump needs to be wired direct to boiler and not via wiring center.

Im sure the ecofit has minimum flow rates which means TRV and pump on fixed speed should be set I think.

I have a 418 ecotec and that is the way mine is setup.

These circled blue, they have on/off indicators, make sure they both say on. Make sure any other valve including any under the boiler are in line with the pipe.

Attachments

• 1010361E-E4FD-41A6-815A-EFF085A61F9B.jpeg
    1010361E-E4FD-41A6-815A-EFF085A61F9B.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 98
Does the boiler trip only when HW is requested or also when CH is turned on?

These circled blue, they have on/off indicators, make sure they both say on. Make sure any other valve including any under the boiler are in line with the pipe.

Yeap both set to on.

it doesn’t trip all the time. Tends to do it 2 out of 5 days which is bozarre

Is this an open vent?
Is there a TRV, does pump stay on after boiler stops firing?

You have a negative pressure leak, air is drawn in not water going out. How else is air getting in.
I have an expansion vessel in the loft and a seperate vessel for the hot water tank.
Pump stays on to keep circulating I think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back