Vaillant Ecofit Pure Target temperature too low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently solved a problem with the DHW on this boiler, with the help of some members here.

In doing so, I replaced the diverter valve, pressure sensor and eventually the main board.
It turned out that the replacement pressure sensor was also faulty. Problem solved. Great hot water.

As soon as I had finished, the central heating target temperature D.005 is constantly at 40C.
I replaced one of the temperature sensors but have the same problem.

I can post all of the D code readings if necessary (I've written them on the manual pages).

There is a simple remote relay thermostat.

TIA

UPDATE: D.005 target temperature is now 18C.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is this a combi boiler, heat only or system? What age Vaillant?

Megnatron valve cannae take it captain.
Lot of defective parts on that boiler old chap. There is me thinking Vaillant was a good make

Sponsored Links
Have you tried adjusting the value on the front of the boiler?

Not entirely sure then. Definitely not an ebus controller?

I'm not comfortable giving advice to a DIYer who seems out their depth touching gas equipment.

Best bet is to call a gas engineer familiar with these boilers or fixed price repair from manufacturer.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I understand but I'm a DIYer of 40 years and am not modifying the gas side.
I'll perservere on my own.

Opening the front casing is disturbing the room sealed casing immediately needing full 26.9 gas checks completed after and a PCB is a saftey control

• Thanks
OK problem solved. I forgot to look at the consumer radiator temperature setting!

That sort of advice would have been helpful.

I won't be using this forum for plumbing advice anymore though.

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back