Vaillant ECOmax S24, S28 & S30 - no consistent supply of hot water

hehe... British Gas have just been out for a quote, how nice of them. Supply & install a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30i, the boiler would be moved about 6' along a wall and mounted on an adjacent wall - all pipework runs along this wall so would simply require re-routing right instead of straight on.

They've rocked in a price of £3,139.75 which includes 50% off of the boiler itself, a HIVE unit and Boiler IQ. Or we can pay on the never-never £72 a month until I'm ready to carve my own gravestone.

bit drastic don't you think , does it look burnt inside ?? .i knew they would probably try and sell you a new boiler because thats what they do well :rolleyes: . you've probably got years left out of that boiler and you want to take there advice:rolleyes: when they can't take cover on anything over 10 years old anyway ( i think ) .

take a picture of what the boiler looks like inside with cover off ( of course when somebody comes to look at it );):whistle:.if you do keep this boiler ( i would ) i would put a little cash back every month until it breaks down for good . its honestly worth getting vaillant to do it if you know no one . tell BG to get fooked to put it lightly,

Sponsored Links
ha! I rarely visit this forum, but when I do, I it's the utterly frank and honest advice/comments/opinions I really value, cheers!

I'll grab an image when I can.

Your suggestion is exactly what me and the good lady arrived at today, once the boiler has been brought back to life, we'll get it serviced every year and put that £200 a year away into an isa/similar and should it go horribly wrong again, we'll have the cash - or a sizeable deposit - to either fix it or replace it.

I don't suppose anyone knows what the flow-rate is on these boilers? litres per minute would be an ideal reference, thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back