Vaillant ecotec 24 - no radiator icon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Valiant ecotecpro24 boiler which is also connected to Honeywell DTS92E thermostat.
The boiler worked fine in winter for both water and radiators.
But now it only heats water, and never the radiators. I suspect the issue may be in the thermostat because I can’t turn it on anymore (the wall-mounted box has just one button to turn it on, and it stopped working).
We had some work done on the sockets in the adjacent room a few months back, which might have damaged the wires. But I’m not sure where the issue is.

Bolier never shows the radiator icon, no matter what I do.
The thermostat has a flashing wifi signal at all times

I tried contacting the electrician, but they say it's for a plumber.

Attachments

• photo1690891158.jpeg
    photo1690891158.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 56
  • photo1690891158 (2).jpeg
    photo1690891158 (2).jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 55
  • photo1690891158 (1).jpeg
    photo1690891158 (1).jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
Try to re- bind the stat to the relay box. If you don't know how to do it you can find a U tube video to follow.

Have you tried good new batteries (alkaline)? Press the grey button on the relay box, this should override the thermostat, if this doesn’t work, then it sounds like the receiver could be goosed. Make sure the switch on the time clock (on the boiler) is set to on.

Yes, I tried re-binding. So far it all ends at the point when I need to press the button on the wall, and it should start flashing red (it never does)
Wall-mounted unit has power from the mains, not from batteries, unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you are correctly following the binding procedure ?

Yes, I tried re-binding. So far it all ends at the point when I need to press the button on the wall, and it should start flashing red (it never does)
Wall-mounted unit has power from the mains, not from batteries, unfortunately.
Yes the wall mounted part is the receiver - the handheld thermostat takes batteries.

Yes, the handheld thermostat has the batteries and it works. So batteries are OK.
Yes, I followed this guide. Relay box doesn't have the lights at all. So "until the red LED blinks rapidly" - never happens.

Contacted the electrician, because I believe there may be some power issues with the relay (which will explain this all)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Looks like no power/ faulty reciever .easy to check with multimeter but connections are inside the boiler so a heating engineer best bet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back