Valiant ecoTEC plus 428 - Heating not working

Sponsored Links
Just to verify, with turning off the thermostatic valves, you mean putting it on the * / snowflake, right? Or do you mean putting it on zero?

What do you mean with the room thermostat? As far as I know it's the thermostat for the whole house / heating?

(Sorry, English is not my native language)

Try turning all the TRV's to maximum. Are there any TRV's in the same room as your room thermostat?

Sponsored Links
Yes, there are three radiators in the living room where the thermostat is. Each of the radiators have the thermostatic valves and all them are currently set to 5/6 at the moment.

Currently, one of the three radiators are hot, the other two wall radiators (looking like, see photo named ui.jpeg) are not hot more luke warm. Probably because the room is warm enough
I have to say it's finally nicely warm in the living room

I think I will do a bit more reading how the combination these thermostatic valves on radiators correlate with the thermostat in the room and report back. I think I misunderstanding how
things are working. I thought the thermostat in the living room controls the temperature within the house.

In my parents house we had a thermostat that was configurable, so you could set the temperature in the house so it will run lower over night when everyone is sleeping and then turn on around 7am on work days, and during the weekend it will turn on later. As far as I am aware this house doesn't have this and only has this room thermostat in the living room to indicate the temperature in the house which I put on 25C for today.

I am a bit confused I did turn off the hot water on the programmer but I still have hot water at the kitchen tap? I have attached a photo of the programmer (see photo named andere-thermostaat.jpg) how it looks like now.

I have to apologise for my questions, I am really confused about the heating in this house. It's definitely not the same as what I grew up with.

@picasso I speak Flemish / Dutch :)

Attachments

• andere-thermostaat.jpg
    andere-thermostaat.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 36
  • iu.jpeg
    iu.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 32
Putting on the frost setting (snowflake) or zero, doesn’t really matter in this weather.

@CBW Yeah, but I am currently enjoying a (apparently) working heating since last night! I am going to leave it for now if it stops working again in a few days.

My last experience when the fourth plumber came is that the heating would work for like two days and then it would poof disappear and would be back in the cold.

I am a bit confused I did turn off the hot water on the programmer but I still have hot water at the kitchen tap?
That’s because it’s not heated on demand, it’s stored, so it heats the cylinder to a set temperature, and depending how long you have the progmmer on for keeps it at that temperature until it’s satisfied again or if you only have it on for a short period, then it keeps hot until the cold water replenishes the hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back