Valiant Ecotec 428

The system really should have had separation between the boiler side and radiator side.

Using both pumps and a low loss header would have stopped the resistance of the heat exchanger being a factor but as its all working you can relax (y)

Sponsored Links
That's the route I went down, after advice on this forum and lots of struggling. Meant I could buy 2 standard domestic pumps, rather than use a much more expensive commercial pump, and the whole system just behaves better overall (especially as I have multiple zones).

At some point, I'll measure temperatures of flow/return

Pull up D40 and 41 on the boiler display...that'll give you the flow and return temps across the heat exchanger.
Ideally you want 15 to 20 degrees...much more of a drop and you'll run into S53 errors and the boiler will sit around forever.
Remember a heating system can only be deemed fully functional at the design temperatures ie. when it's -1 or -3 whatever outside and the desired
indoor temperatures are achieved...hot rads on a mild day doesn't prove anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back