Vaillant ecoTEC plus 418 - Does NOT Work - HELP!!!!!

Sponsored Links
F73 is an unlisted fault code. F75 is low water content, or the pcb not detecting the pump running.

As with Vaillants usual diagnostic coding F73 appears more related to F71 & 72, especially as she has been getting S98 as well.

This boiler will fire for a very short period with no water or pressure in it as it is open vent.

Again I don't want to go back over old ground, but even with this being an open vent, the apparent cowboy install..... this could be no water in the system...... can you try bleeding a radiator for a while to make sure plenty of water comes out?!!!

F73 is listed, its just confusing for an open vented system!

F73 is listed for the sealed system boiler as "low water pressure" for example in the Ecotec 618.

I would assume the PCB is the same and just configured as to the boiler type/application in the d93 setting.

Hence my wondering if its not been wrongly configured as a 618 thus enabling the d73 fault code.

Sheila, you say the installer would not have gone into the loft. Suppose he had his own ladder?

Furthermore, its difficult to install a boiler without access to the header tank to turn off the auto fill and, for proper installers, to add chemicals!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Water coming out of all radiators, plenty. This is a Housing Association approved all round 'Repair' company we're talking about here :!: I've checked d.93 and it says 1 which is supposed to be 418 but when I check d.0 it reads 15 but should read 18 shouldn't it. It won't let me change it to 18.

Please dont change any settings unless we tell you to!

So its set as a 418 but still it gives a F73 so I suspect the PCB is faulty!

The d0 is the power setting, 15 is fine although a bit high perhaps but dont touch it or anything else for that matter.

Contractors who do work for HAs only pay low wages so have to put up with inexperienced staff with no interest int heir work!

If they had any interest they would be with you today sorting it out!

Most of us on here run our own heating firms! A few have to work for BG though!

Tony

Ok, found the F73, but as said this shouldn't affect a 400 series :confused: Hence why it is not listed in the 400 series manual.

F73 is a faulty cable/pressure sensor, not lack or water though :confused:

;) Thanks Dave & everyone else for your help, as I know nothing of how to fix such problem/s, I will get on their case tomorrow and tell them what the fault numbers i have mean. Hopefully that might speed their ability to repair it. You never know :!: :?: :!: :LOL:

the 400 series have a unique pcb although much (but not all) of the software is from the 600/800 range.

:) The installer (or another of the companys employees :rolleyes: ) will be round tomorrow between 1pm and 5pm. Good job my boss is letting me have the afternoon off work or I'd have to wait 'til the end of month. I have written and printed out all error codes and meanings/possible meanings, I'm armed with questions and quite abit more knowledge than the last time saw him. So, he'd better do a proper job or I'll be on to him :!: :!: Why is it that nobody is available on a Friday - my only day off :?: :!: Thanks all, will let you know what happens ;)

Been at one of these today, powerflushing the system and boiler HE, so I decided to do an on site experiment.

When I reversed the flow the boiler tried for 5 times for about 10 seconds, giving S98, afte the 5th attempt it locked out to F23.

Not an F73 in sight.

Talked to my mate, one of only 2 proper Vaillant engineers left in the country by all accounts, and he has had one give F73, but upon inspection it was because the sparks had left numerous strands of copper wire all over the pcb, so was in a sense, 'shorting out' giving false codes.

Engineer (old with hearing aid!!!) came round - not the one who installed it. Showed him all the fault codes and what they meant, told him what alot of you had said. He scratched his head, said he doesn't touch the electrical side of things and doesn't want to open it all up incase it invalidates the warranty. He raised his eyebrows when i told him which member of the company installed it, which says it all really doesn't it :!: :?: Anyway, they have arranged for someone from Vaillant to come round Friday morning, so watch this space :rolleyes: :?: :!:

this will be an installation fault. most likely vaillant will tell you such and you will be back to square one. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back