Vaillant ecoTEC plus 418 - Does NOT Work - HELP!!!!!

Sponsored Links
No, totally blocked main HE for the third time :mad: :cry:

Dave, what chemicals do you use for these? I've always been told that flushing them causes damage, and I've seen evidence of this. Obviously if its blocked then you've no choice! What kind of results do you get? I'm going to look at one tomorrow with the same problem gw hxi crashing/banging

I've had 2 of these give this problem. I use DS3 and my power flush machine to clean the HE (disconnect or isolate the rest of the system).

I run this backwards and forwards for about an hour, although you probably don't need to do it this long.

I then flush through with water and this time used X800 on the system (hot).

I didn't dare use DS40 as all the pipes were old and in the screed :cry:

The only 'damage' I have heard of or encountered with flushing on Vaillants, has been the 600 and 800 series, where the auto bypass valve is cleaned so well it apparently strips the outer coating off th metal, making it stick.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure it is an installation fault. But if it can be put back to how it was (F.23) I can check flow & return pipes to see which gets hot first. Also, I can get engineers back to check pump, water in system etc. According to who they sent yesterday, I was left a manual short (which is the one I downloaded from Vaillant website) which has the error code F.23 in. If I had been left this manual the last engineer to visit (last Thursday)would have had no excuse not know what the code meant and what to check, then the problem of F.73 would not even have arisen. For a work colleague to raise his eyebrows when he asked which of them installed it, just confirms installation fault to me :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

In your case I would expect the F73 is actually a real boiler fault to be hopefully fixed by the manufacturers.

I dont know about the F23 as that is probably an installation/design fault but hopefully that will be addressed by the Vaillant engineer.

The plain reality of the world is that most firms who install boilers have little knowledge or experience of fault finding.

The F23 fault is so common that it would be already known about by anyone seriously into fixing boilers.

Tony

If F.23 is an installation fault then Vaillant won't do anything about that as they will only touch their actual appliance. I will have to rely on the HA's company to sort out any problems with pipework, pump, water etc. :rolleyes:

The Vaillant engineers are usually "quite good" and will normally be able to advise whats likely to be wrong with the system to cause the F23.

Roll on Friday!

Tony

Let's hope so, cos I'm really p####d off with being palmed off with "It's just a bit of air, it will work it's way out" and people scratching their heads :!: :!: Hopefully, will get some answers tomorrow and get it working. Thanks alot you guys, will let you know what happens. :)

By the end of Friday you will probably have learnt enough about boilers to get a job with British Gas as a service engineer!

Ha Ha :!: :!: Well I definitely know more now than I did before. Anyway, he replaced PCB but it still said F.73, so he put another one in and after a bit of button fiddling managed to get it back to how it was before with F.23 and S98. He checked the Flow & Return pipes and said they seemed ok. His suggestion was that HA's company return to check the pump as it is quite old and might not have enough umph that the boiler needs. Also suggested they check the wiring to my old CH/HW control panel (timer) as he wasn't too sure they had done it correctly. He spoke to a couple of his colleagues on the phone and they all seemed baffled that I'd had F.73. Have told HA what he recommended and am awaiting call from their company. Obviously won't hear from them until next week now. At least I know now, and the boiler is doing something! Thanks to all of you, will keep you posted :LOL: :rolleyes: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back